MY THOUGHTS, ART, POEMS, THINGS THAT GRINDS MY GEARS, UPCOMING EVENTS, LOCAL ARTISTS' CD/PERFORMANCE REVIEWS & MUCH MORE!




Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A FATHER'S CRY

I honestly didn't want to talk about the George Zimmerman case but, it's been on my mind since I heard about the verdict... After a brief debate with a few associates about the justification of the verdict, all I thought about was how Trayvon Martin's father felt. Me, not being a father, sat in my truck and shed a few tears thinking how I would've reacted to the verdict... I imagined myself roaring at the world and going on a shooting spree with a 9mm Glock with an endless supply of bullets... every juror, defense lawyer, judge and even Mr. Cowardly Zimmerman, himself, would feel the pain and anger I feel... I'd look them straight in the eye and ask them, "HOW DOES IT FEEL TO LOSE SOMEONE YOU LOVE DEARLY?" and shoot off their left knee cap... Okay, maybe I'm going too far with my thoughts but, THERE WAS NO JUSTIFIABLE REASON TO KILL THAT BOY!!!

My mom raised me to forgive... for God will fight our battles... Maybe there's a reason why Zimmerman was deemed not guilty... maybe God wants him to suffer and roam the earth like Cain... the only problem is, there are people in this world that aren't as forgiving as myself and Trayvon's father. There are people who believe in "an eye for an eye." As hurt as we are, we must forgive them all... ALL OF THEM... and let God work...

This is an eye opener for us all...

WE ARE A VILLAGE! WE NEED TO GRAB OUR SONS AND DAUGHTER AND TELL THEM, "NO, I WILL NOT LET YOU FALL BY THE WAYSIDE!!!" WE MUST TEACH THEM OUR HISTORY SO THEY CAN BECOME DRIVING FORCES IN THE FUTURE... WE MUST NOT SPARE THE ROD... a little spanking here and there never hurt anyone...

When I was in my late 20's, I went to To the Maple Hts. Clerk of Courts to pay for a fine that I was charged with when I was 21 ($800 for driving under suspension). I met an older man who worked there... after I paid the fine, he let out a deep sigh and asked me how does it feel to have the law off my back. I told him it felt pretty good... He then put his hand on my shoulder and said, "Son, sparrows are free... be like a sparrow... Be Free!" I use that phrase whenever I mentor at risk young men... for they are "my sons," so to speak... maybe the only father figure they'd ever know...

I know for a fact that God's going to bless Mr. Martin... and He's looking down on him saying, "WELL DONE!"

No comments: