MY THOUGHTS, ART, POEMS, THINGS THAT GRINDS MY GEARS, UPCOMING EVENTS, LOCAL ARTISTS' CD/PERFORMANCE REVIEWS & MUCH MORE!




Thursday, September 8, 2011

CLEVELAND POETRY: ENTER iWPS


I've been a part of the Cleveland Poetry Scene since 2004 and ever since my first visit to the Vibe Session at the Kamikaze Coffee Shop in 2002, I knew that Poetry could reach boundaries like no other. Poetry seemed to bring everyone together... all races, religions, and sexual preferences.  I love the various styles Poetry exposes... I honestly love to listen... sometimes more than performing. The stories I've heard about the days of the Humidor made me wish that I around the scene back then. I could write a book of my experiences... from the ups & downs, the supporters & haters, to the Poets who left Cleveland to expand their horizons. I've had the pleasure to meet many, many Poets from other states and some of them have become good friends. I've had the chance to perform on various stages throughout the Mid-West. All in all, Poetry gave me the stepping stone to expose my other talents... so to Poetry, I'm forever grateful.


From October 12th to the 15th, the city of Cleveland will get to experience iWPS (individual Workd Poetry Slam) where 72 of the best Poets from all over the nation and beyond come and challenge to be recognized as the best in the world. I recommend that each of you come get an experience like no other. Columbus' own Ed Mabrey even won the title a few years ago.  I've had the pleasure to be a part of this experience by designing the logo, passes, flyers, etc. I'm honored to do my part.

I hope to see you there to... for more info, www.poetryslam.com or go to the Facebook group page: 2011 iwps Cleveland, Oh....




No comments: